Tuesday 18 May 2010

SoulCassette by ColinCurtisSoulCassettes

Here is a mix of Soul tunes that is the first of a series I am doing called Soul Cassette.I am trying to capture the magic of combining great individual tracks together to emulate the way I used to put together tracks to listen to in the car etc.
The Tracklisting for this Volume is
1.Just Because - THE VINTAGE GROUP (Derek L.Smith,Joseph Francois,James(Slim)King,Greg Thompson)2001 cd
2.Tell Me - Willie Clayton (penned by General Crook)
3.Just You and Me - JUGGY MURRAY
4.Turn The Lights Down Low - Willis Dempo
5.LEAVE A LIGHT ON - BRYAN LOREN
6.Heaven - John Butler
7.COLOR MY LOVE - LONNIE LISTON SMITH
8.BROTHER TO BROTHER - CALVIN ROMANCE
9.BROTHERS THEME - WILLIE HUTCH(The Mack Is Back cd)
10. Love Me Kiss Me- CALVIN ROMANCE
11.Call Me - Kenny Smith
12.FREETIME - TONY MOMRELLE
13.TOO LATE - OTHELLO
14.I Can't Resist - Altitude
15.KEEP COMING BACK - SHADY GRADY
16.BRAZILIAN NIGHTS - EDDIE HALL
Enjoy and hit me back !!
SoulCassette by ColinCurtisSoulCassettes

2 comments:

  1. Hi Colin, great to see the blog, fucking awesome in fact. Used to come to Berlin a fair bit in the day, best thursday nights of my life, or was it tuesday???? You won't remember me but i used to hang out with Aniff an Hewan a fair bit, Paul Cummings and Salts too. First time i met u, I was a design student at M/cr Poly hunting the racks in spin in for that elusive latin sound that was sooo fucking hard to come by then. we chatted for a few mins an u said come down to this club called Berlin. Wa the beginning of an education that carries on to this day. A BIG THANKS FOR FUNKIN' UP MY LIFE. If you still see Hewan an Aniff, say Hi for me. Mark from London who used to live in Moss Side between 1978 an 91. you playin down south anytime soon, I'm in east london now, would love to hear you play again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete