Sunday 13 September 2009

FRODISIA JAZZ SESSIONS


Here is the latest September Frodisia Jazz installment put together by Tee Cee our very own Tony Cooney.

Hi all, another oh so dancejazznujazzlatin&funky mix has been compiled my little old me for your esteemed delectation.
If, whilst you are listening to these tracks, some or all, dont make you wanna start dancin or at least contract cronic head bob then you need to see a Doctor.
Some really heavy dancefloor funk in the middle and ,along with all the other cool tracks, lend an ear to the Moon remix of Sesso Brillante wonderfull stuff and big thanks to Funky Junkie, cheers mate. Fro-Disia are big fans of the Five Corners Quintet. One of their earlier tracks is featured, `blueprint`, as well as a Jose James vocal on `the more I look at you` by Timo Lassy of the 5CQ.

after clicking the link to the site
join on the free account option option and it's quick and easy, from receiving your conformation e.mail to clicking on it, then you can download the tunes straight away.


http://www.humyo.com/F/9780635-1318717679

tracks
Doctor Jazz Universal Remedy - vixen
Timo Lassy - the more I look at you
The Quiet Orchestra - Helsinki (Nils Krogh mix)
Lorenzo Tucci - sky
Roy Ayers/Bah Samba - positive vibe
Adani & Wolf - take my hand
The Muthafunkas - galaxy
Valique - trouble girl (Basement Freaks mix)
Flat Three - sesso brillante (Mooon remix)
Ida Yashushi - a certain peace
Los Amigos Invisibles - mambo chimbo
Nicola Conte/ Gianaluca Petrella - new standard
Five Corners Quintet - blueprint
Santucci Sccopa - walking fast
Eliane Elias - kissed by nature.

To remind those who have not had my ear bent off already, Mike Chadwick has played a blinder and booked the Five Corners Quintet to appear at the Band On The Wall in Manchester on October the 14th. I know some of you have booked tickets as a result of my previous email but if you are a UK people able to get to this event it is not to be missed.
Mike also informs me of the possibility of club nights at the venue in the future which I`m really excited about, (yes folks dancing to jazz in Manchester once again),so once I know any details I`ll pass that on.

http://bandonthewall.org/events/2531/

Possibly a Fro-disia event in October in the north Cheshire area (oh ani`t we posh, oh yes we are) but it`s not confirmed as yet and I`ll let you know. In discussion for a jazz room at a Manchester hotel based soul event set for February 2010, thats at the personal request of the organisers so again will let you know upon comformation.

I would be gratefull if you could confirm you have recieved this email, I`m new to gmail and I wann make sure etc. All comments on the mixes are welcomed as well as any other items of interest.
Colins Classic jazz mix is now on
www.subnav.com. your comments there would be appreciated.

Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment